Iced rum tea
- 6 Earl Grey tea bags or 2 tablespoons loose-leaf tea
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 cup mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) white rum
- Ice cubes, to serve
- Step 1 - Boil 2 litres of water, add the tea bags and allow to cool. Place sugar and 2 cups (500ml) of water in a saucepan and stir over low heat to dissolve the sugar. Increase heat to high and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add mint leaves and cool.
- Step 2 - Add syrup to the tea mixture, strain everything into a tall jug and chill. When ready to serve, add rum, lots of ice and extra mint leaves.