- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 40 mins
- Serves 4
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 mini carrots, peeled, halved lengthways (see note)
- 4 small parsnips, peeled, halved lengthways
- 1 small brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- STEP 1 - Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease a large baking tray with sides.
- STEP 2 - Combine cumin, fennel seeds, rind and oil in a large bowl. Add carrot, parsnip and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer to prepared tray. Roast for 20 minutes. Stir in lentils. Drizzle with honey. Roast for a further 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.