Sweet potato salad
- 1.5kg (about 2 large) sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 3 rindless bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) buttermilk
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 2 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Step 1: Cook sweet potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Place on a tray in a single layer to cool. When cool enough to handle, cut into 2cm pieces. Place in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- Step 2: Meanwhile, sauté bacon in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil and set aside.
- Step 3: Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard and garlic in a jug. Pour over sweet potato. Add three-quarters of the parsley, bacon and shallot. Toss to combine. Sprinkle remaining bacon, shallot and parsley over salad to serve.