- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- Serves 4
What a great breakfast for busy kids heading off to school. Cook the apples and pears the night before and gently warm in the microwave to serve.
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, halved, cored and roughly chopped
- 3 Beurre Bosc pears, peeled, halved, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs honey + extra to serve
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 sachets high protein instant oats with grains
- Sliced strawberries and chopped almonds (optional), to serve
- STEP 1 To make stewed apple & pears, combine apples, pears, lemon juice, honey and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Add ¼ cup water. Cover and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes until just tender. Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- STEP 2 To serve, cook porridge following packet directions. Spoon porridge into serving bowls. Top with warm stewed apples and pears. Drizzle with honey. Serve with sliced strawberries and chopped almonds (if liked).