- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 8 mins
- Serves 4
Spicy kiwifruit salsa:
- 3 firm kiwifruit, peeled and chopped into a fine dice
- 2 green onions (shallots), trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1 small bird’s eye red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 8 free-range chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- Lime wedges, coriander leaves and steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- STEP 1 - To make the spicy kiwifruit salsa, place all ingredients into a bowl. Stir to combine. Stand for 15 minutes.
- STEP 2 - Meanwhile, place chicken between two sheets of baking paper and using a rolling pin flatten the chicken to about 2cm thick. Brush chicken with oil then sprinkle with Chinese five spice. Season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 1 - Heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Char-grill chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- STEP 2 - Slice chicken. Serve with spicy kiwifruit salsa, lime wedges, coriander leaves and steamed jasmine rice.