Smoked paprika potato salad
- 2 kg chat potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 150ml olive oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sherry vinegar (see note)
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika (see note)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 220C fan-forced. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 12 minutes or until just tender. Add eggs in the last 6 minutes of cooking time. Drain and cool slightly.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, pour 125ml (1/2 cup) oil into a heavy-based roasting pan and place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Cut potatoes into quarters. Remove roasting pan from oven, add potatoes and carefully toss in hot oil. Return to oven and roast for 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, to make dressing, place vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic and remaining 25ml oil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Makes 1/2 cup.
- Step 5 In a large bowl, combine paprika and 1 tsp each salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Remove potatoes from oven and toss in paprika mixture.
- Step 6 Peel eggs, quarter and add to potato mixture along with onion, mint and rocket, then gently toss to coat. Drizzle with dressing to serve.