ROASTED SQUASH WITH MAPLE BACON
- 1/2 (about 950g) Butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut crossways into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 500g small yellow squash, halved
- 6 (about 750g) small zucchini, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 6 rindless bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pure maple syrup
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Step 1 :Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place the pumpkin in a large roasting pan and drizzle over half the oil. Toss to coat. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender. Add the squash and zucchini. Drizzle over the remaining oil. Roast for a further 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and golden.
- Step 2 :Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat for 2 minutes or until it just starts to brown. Add the maple syrup and simmer for 3 minutes or until the bacon is slightly crisp and sticky.
- Step 3 :Increase oven temperature to 220ºC. Add the bacon mixture to the vegetables and sprinkle with nutmeg. Roast for a further 10 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.