- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- Serves 4
A delicious dish for an easy week night dinner or weekend brunch.
- 8 x 100g flat mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 x 250g stems plump truss cherry tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2-3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4-5 thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 free-range eggs
- Toasted sourdough bread and sriracha hot sauce, to serve
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, washed and dried* (200g trimmed leaves)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
*You’ll need about 250g trimmed English spinach leaves. If preferred, use 250g baby spinach leaves.
- STEP 1 Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. Place mushrooms and tomatoes on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Liberally drizzle with oil and then sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce and thyme Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- STEP 2 Meanwhile, to make wilted spinach, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for a few seconds, add spinach, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss until spinach wilts. Transfer to a bowl, cover and keep warm.
- STEP 3 Wipe the frying pan clean with paper towel. Heat 2 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium heat. Crack eggs into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until whites set or until cook to your liking.
- STEP 4 Arrange mushrooms, wilted spinach, eggs, tomatoes and toast on serving plates. Drizzle with sriracha sauce, if liked, to serve.