- Prep 45 mins
- Cook 35 mins
- Serves 6
- 1 1/2 bunches rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 3-4cm pieces (400g trimmed weight)
- 2 beurre bosc pears, cored, sliced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g punnet small strawberries, hulled, large ones halved
- Caramel macadamia ice-cream, to serve
- 70g (1/2 cup) coconut flour
- 50g butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 25g (1/3 cup) shredded coconut
- 80g (1/2 cup) macadamias, chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- STEP 1 - Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Combine the rhubarb, pear, lemon juice and rind, maple syrup and vanilla in a frying pan. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes or until just softened. Remove from heat. Add strawberry, cover and set aside for 10-15 minutes, until the strawberries soften slightly. Transfer the fruit mixture to a 26cm ovenproof dish.
- STEP 2 - To make the crumble, place the flour in a bowl. Use your fingertips to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add chia, coconut and macadamia. Stir to combine. Stir through 2 tbs maple syrup.
- STEP 3 - Scatter the crumble over the fruit. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crumble is golden. Serve with ice-cream and drizzle over the remaining 2 tbs maple syrup.