Prawns with lime and basil
- 250g rice stick vermicelli noodles
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1kg green king prawns, peeled with tails left intact
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally, extra to serve
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- bean sprouts, to serve
- Step 1:Soak the noodles in a large heatproof bowl of boiling water for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Step 1:Place the lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Step 1:Heat a little oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns, capsicum and green onion and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns change colour and the vegetables are tender. Add the lime juice mixture, noodles and basil leaves and cook for another minute. To serve, place in serving bowls and top with extra green onions and bean sprouts if desired.