Prawn & potato curry
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tbs Thai red curry paste
- 12 small chat potatoes
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400g peeled green prawns
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- Thai basil (see note) and coriander leaves, to garnish
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Step 1: Heat the oil in a deep frypan or wok over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute, then add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add potatoes, coconut milk and 400ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until potatoes are almost tender.
- Step 2: Add prawns and cook for 2 minutes or until prawns are cooked through and potato is tender, then stir in fish sauce and lime juice. Remove from the heat and stir through basil and coriander.
- Step 3: Serve the curry with rice and lime wedges to squeeze over.