- Serves 4
- 1 unsliced white sandwich loaf, one day old
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 12 cooked prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and fi nely sliced
- 3 oranges
- ½ bunch chives, fi nely chopped
- 1 dill sprig
- 100ml olive oil
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- STEP 1 - To make croustades: With a sharp knife cut the loaf into 7cm thick slices, remove crusts and cut in half to make two rectangles, remove the centre from each rectangle, leaving a case. Brush with vegetable oil on all sides. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Heat oven to 180°C and bake croustades for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- STEP 2 - Prawn and Fennel Salad: Peel, segment and remove the pith and membrane of 2 oranges, combine with fi nely chopped fennel, ½ tbs orange rind and chopped chives. Mix with 1 tbs of the dressing and refrigerate for ½ hour.