- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 25 mins
- Serves 4
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 50g butter, softened + extra for greasing
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tsp finely grated grapefruit zest
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 cup full cream milk
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- STEP 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease 4 x 1 cup teacups (or ovenproof dishes). Sprinkle the base and sides of each teacup with 1⁄4 tsp caster sugar.
- STEP 2 - Using electric beaters, beat butter and 1⁄2 cup sugar in a large bowl until well combined. Add eggs yolks, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add grapefruit juice and zest (the mixture will curdle) and mix until well combined. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in sifted flour and milk.
- STEP 3 - In a clean medium bowl, using electric beaters, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar a little at a time, beating well until sugar dissolves. Fold one third egg whites into grapefruit mixture, then gently fold in remaining egg whites until just combined. Spoon mixture into prepared teacups. Place teacups into a baking pan. Pour boiling water into pan to come halfway up the sides of the teacups. Bake for 25 minutes or until puddings are well risen and pale golden. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.