- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 6
- Serves 4
- 1⁄3 small pineapple, trimmed and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green onion (shallot), trimmed and chopped
- 1 small red bird’s eye chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 4 x 175g Atlantic salmon fillets (skin on), bones removed
- Olive oil spray
- mixed salad leaves and steamed new potatoes, to serve
- STEP 1 To make salsa, cut pineapple into 1cm pieces (you’ll need about 1 cup of pineapple) and place into a medium bowl. Add mint, coriander, green onion, chilli and lime juice. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- STEP 2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray salmon with oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Place skin-side down in pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until skin is crisp. Turn and cook for 2-3 minutes until almost cooked through (or cook to your liking). Transfer to a plate, cover and stand for 2 minutes. Serve salmon with salsa, mixed salad leaves and steamed new potatoes.