- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- Serves 4
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, halved
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 4 thin slices fresh pineapple, peeled
- 2 tbs mild peri peri sauce
- 1 ripe medium avocado, halved lengthways, peeled and stone removed
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- Kewpie mayonnaise, for spreading
- STEP 1 - Place chicken between sheets of baking paper and using a rolling pin flatten chicken to 1cm in thickness. Brush chicken with oil.
- STEP 2 - Preheat a barbecue or a grill pan lined with baking paper over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Brush pineapple with peri peri sauce. Char-grill pineapple for 1-2 minutes until golden and caramelised.
- STEP 3 - Combine avocado and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, roughly mash. Set aside.
- STEP 4 - Toast or grill the burger buns. Place bun bases onto a board. Spread with avocado then top with lettuce, tomato, chicken and pineapple. Spread remaining buns with mayonnaise. Sandwich burgers with the tops of the buns. Serve with roasted potato wedges, if liked.