- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 35 mins
- Serves 4
Use a combination of Swiss Brown button mushrooms and gourmet mushrooms like Shiitake, King Brown, Oyster, Shemiji and Enoki for this recipe.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 600g gourmet mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped or sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup reduced fat cream
- 350g dried pappardelle (or fettuccine) pasta
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- STEP 1 - Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes until tender. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in stock and sour and light cream. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Keep warm.
- STEP 2 - Cook the pasta following packet directions. Drain. Toss pasta through the mushroom sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon onto serving plates, sprinkle with rocket and serve with grated parmesan cheese.