- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 35 mins
- Serves 4
- 6 medium (about 1 kg) plump zucchinis, halved lengthways
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp mild Mexican seasoning
- 1 sweet corn cob, kernels removed
- 250g mini roma tomatoes, quartered
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup reduced fat grated tasty cheese
- Reduced fat sour cream and natural corn chips, to serve
- STEP 1 Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Using a small spoon, scrape the flesh from the centre of the zucchini. Finely chop the removed flesh and set aside.
- STEP 2 Place zucchinis cut-side down, close together and in a single layer, on on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until slightly tender.
- STEP 3 Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan on medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, Mexican seasoning and corn kernels and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add the reserved chopped zucchini flesh and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes until soft and reduced. Stir in beans.
- STEP 4 Remove zucchinis from oven, uncover and turn zucchini. Fill each zucchini shell with the corn mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until cheese melts and zucchini is tender.
- STEP 5 Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl. Add lemon or lime juice and mash with a fork. Serve with avocado mash, sour cream and natural corn chips.