- Prep 30 mins
- Cook 5 - 6 mins
- Serves 4
- 4 x 175g fillets Atlantic salmon fillets, skin-on and pin-boned
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
Mango, herb & chilli salad:
- 1 large firm (almost ripe) mango,
- peeled and flesh cut into thin strips
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved,
- deseeded and diagonally sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 80g baby salad leaves
Sesame ginger dressing:
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 ½ tbs finely grated ginger 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- STEP 1 Pat salmon dry with paper towel. Rub 2 tsp oil and sea salt flakes into the skin. Set aside.
- STEP 2 To make mango, herb & chilli salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- STEP 3 To make the sesame ginger dressing, combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined just before serving.
- STEP 4 Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add salmon, skin-side down, and top with a heavy-based frying pan to weigh it down. Cook for 3 minutes or until skin is golden and crisp. Remove weight, turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until just cooked through.
- STEP 5 Drizzle mango, herb & chilli salad with the dressing and gently toss to combine. Arrange salad on serving plates. Top each with a piece of salmon. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve with steamed jasmine rice.