- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 1 hour
- Serves 8
- 750g kumara (orange sweet potato), peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 2½ tbs light flavoured olive oil
- 200g rindless short cut bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 4 free-range eggs
- 75g feta, crumbled
- Wholegrain toast, to serve
- STEP 1 Place kumara into a large microwave safe bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tbs water. Cover with a plate and microwave on high for 6 minutes or until softening.
- STEP 2 Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- STEP 3 Heat 1 tbs oil in the pan over medium heat. Add kumara and garlic to pan and cook, stirring often, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Stir through spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 4 While the kumara is cooking, heat 1 tbs oil in another frying pan over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until yolks are almost set through (or cook to your liking).
- STEP 5 Arrange kumara mixture on serving plates. Top with eggs and sprinkle with feta. Serve with wholegrain toast.