- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 45 mins
- Serves 4
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 175g shortcut bacon rashers, rind removed and roughly chopped
- 750g Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed and cut into 1cm pieces
- 5½ cups chicken stock
- STEP 1 - Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks, celery and bacon and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until leeks are tender.
- STEP 2 - Stir in Jerusalem artichokes and stock. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25–30 minutes or until Jerusalem artichokes are just tender.
- STEP 3 - Using a stick blender, puree soup until smooth. Heat soup, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with extra crispy bacon, if desired.