- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 30 mins
- Serves 4
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 400g Italian pork sausages, casings removed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 large bulb fennel, trimmed, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500ml tomato pasta sauce
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ⅓ cup small black olives
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs finely grated lemon rind
- STEP 1 Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drop small pieces of the sausage filling into the pan and cook, turning often, until evenly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- STEP 2 Add remaining 1 tbs oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion, fennel and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until fennel is just tender. Add pasta sauce, ⅓ cup water and sausage pieces. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- STEP 3 Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain and return pasta to pan. Add fennel mixture, lemon juice, olives and three-quarters of the parsley. Toss over low heat until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with lemon rind and remaining parsley and serve.