- Prep 30 mins + chilling time
- Cook 20 mins
- Serves 4
- 350g eggplant, trimmed and cut into 1cm thick slices
- 4 brioche or seeded bread rolls, halved
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 2 ripe truss tomatoes, sliced
- 250g tub reduced fat tzatziki
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 200g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g lean lamb mince
- ⅓ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
Mushroom & lamb patties:
- STEP 1 - To make patties, heat 1 tbs oil in non-stick frying pan. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Set aside to cool slightly. Place mushroom mixture, lamb mince, parsley and cumin into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Shape mixture into 4 patties. Place on a tray lined with baking paper, cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- STEP 2 - Preheat a char-grill or barbecue over high heat. Brush patties and eggplant slices with oil. Char-grill or barbecue patties for 5-6 minutes on each side and eggplant for 2-3 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Char-grill or barbecue bread rolls.
- STEP 3 - Place bread roll bases onto a board. Top each with a dollop of tzatziki, rocket, a pattie, sliced tomato and eggplant, finishing with another dollop of tzatziki. Add roll tops and serve.