Eggplant and lentil salad with yoghurt dressing
- 4 baby eggplant, cut lengthways into 5mm-thick slices sliced lengthways
- Extra virgin olive oil, to brush
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton) (see note)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup (140g) thick Greek yoghurt
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (80g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 firmly packed cups (about 70g) baby spinach leaves
- Pita bread, to serve
- Step 1: Preheat the grill to high. Lightly brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and place on a large baking tray with the cherry tomatoes. Cook under grill for 3-4 minutes until eggplant is coloured slightly and tomatoes are starting to wilt. Remove the tomatoes and set aside. Turn the eggplant slices and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, then set aside.
- Step 2: Meanwhile, combine crushed garlic, smoked paprika, lemon juice and yoghurt in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Step 3: Combine eggplant, tomatoes, lentils, pine nuts, parsley and spinach in a bowl. Season to taste. Divide the salad among plates, then serve with a dollop of the yoghurt dressing and the pita bread.