- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 45 mins
- Serves 4-6
Note, this soup thickens on standing, add extra stock if necessary.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 750g Desiree potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- Wholegrain toast, to serve
- STEP 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes until softened. Add garlic and potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2 Stir in stock, cover and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until potato is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- STEP 3 Using a hand-held blender, puree the soup until smooth. Stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Warm the soup over low heat. Ladle into serving bowls and top with one of the following soup toppers if liked.
Suggested soup toppers:
- Pan-toasted mixed seeds and grated cheddar cheese
- Pan-fried diced chorizo sausage or bacon and snipped chives
- A drizzle of sriracha sauce and fried kale leaves