Custard apple crumble ice cream with chocolate sauce
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream
- 1 large custard apple
- 250g pkt butternut snap cookies
- 1 cup (100g) pecans, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Light & Creamy evaporated milk
- Step 1: Stand ice cream at room temperature for about 20 minutes, or until it has softened slightly. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Step 2: Meanwhile, halve custard apple and scoop out flesh. Roughly chop flesh and discard seeds. Place cookies in a snap-lock bag and bash with a rolling pin to roughly crush. Add custard apple, cookies and pecans to ice cream, mix until well combined and spread into a 1.5 litre container or dish. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for several hours, or until firm.
- Step 3: Place chocolate and evaporated milk in a small saucepan. Stir constantly, over low heat, until chocolate has completely melted. Transfer mixture to a bowl to cool slightly. Serve scoops of ice cream with chocolate sauce.