- Prep 40 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- Serves 4
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 100g dried vermicelli noodles
- 4 green onions (shallots), trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup small mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into 1cm thick dice
- 2 small red bird’s eye chillies
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (about 2-3 limes)
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 11⁄2 tbs brown sugar
CHILLI AND LIME DRESSING
- STEP 1 - Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken and garlic into pan and cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, until white and cooked through. Stir in sesame oil. Transfer to a heatproof dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes to cool.
- STEP 2 - Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 10 minutes until tender. Drain noodles. Chill until ready to serve.
- STEP 3 - Place cooled chicken mixture into a large bowl. Add green onions, mint, coriander, bean sprouts and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Arrange noodles on a serving plate or individual bowls, top with chicken mixture and serve.