- Prep 15 mins + marinating time
- Cook 12 mins
- Serves 4
- 8 (about 1.2 kg) free-range chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 2 limes, halved
- Steamed jasmine rice, extra coriander leaves and sliced red chilli, to serve
Mango, chilli & lime marinade:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and flesh chopped
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- STEP 1 - To make the mango, chilli & lime marinade, combine all ingredients in a food processor. Season with sea salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Transfer ½ cup of the mango marinade to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Transfer the remaining marinade to a shallow ceramic dish or large snap-lock bag. Add chicken and toss to coat in marinade. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- STEP 2 - Preheat a greased char-grill or barbecue on medium heat. Char-grill or barbecue chicken, basting with any remaining marinade occasionally, for 12-15 minutes (depending on thickness) until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Char-grill the limes. Serve chicken with the reserved marinade, char-grilled limes, steamed jasmine rice and extra coriander leaves and sliced red chilli.