- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 50 mins
- Serves 4-6
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 250g short-cut bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- ½ medium cauliflower*, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 400g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Grated reduced fat tasty cheese, to serve
- *you’ll need about 600g cauliflower florets
- STEP 1 - Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until just crisp. Transfer ¼ cup bacon to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside. Add leeks to remaining bacon in pan and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- STEP 2 - Add cauliflower, potatoes and stock to pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, for 30-35 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- STEP 3 - Using a hand blender, blend soup until smooth. Warm soup over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into serving bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and reserved bacon, and serve.