- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- Large pinch saffron threads
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into thin wedges, small leaves reserved
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 2 oranges, peeled, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons natural flaked almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup small fresh mint leaves
- STEP 1 - Place vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved and mixture is warm. Add saffron and sultanas. Stand for 10 minutes or until required. Stir in juice and 11⁄2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 2 - Meanwhile, heat butter and remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the cauliflower and half the leaves. Cook, turning occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and beginning to char. Repeat with remaining cauliflower and leaves.
- STEP 3 - Arrange cauliflower, leaves, fennel and orange on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing. Serve sprinkled with almonds, mint and reserved fennel fronds.