- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- Serves 4
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 350g kumara (orange sweet potato), peeled and cut into 3-4cm pieces
- 1⁄3 cup Rogan Josh curry paste
- 1⁄4 cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-sized florets
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas
- 1 cup reduced fat coconut cream
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 125g mini roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- Steamed basmati rice, mango chutney and mint leaves, to serve
- STEP 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Stir in kumara and carrots and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and canned tomatoes. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- STEP 2 Add chickpeas and coconut cream. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir in spinach and mini roma tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes. Spoon into a serving bowl. Serve with basmati rice, mango chutney and fresh mint leaves.