- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 50 mins
- Serves 4-6
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 small red bird’s eye chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1kg carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Extra coriander leaves and sliced red chilli, to serve
- STEP 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until tender. Stir in ginger, garlic and chillies and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add carrots and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2 Add stock, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in coconut milk.
- STEP 3 Using a stick blender, puree the soup until smooth. Stir in coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into serving bowls, top with coriander leaves and chilli and serve.