- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- Serves 4
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 500g small chicken breast fillets
- 5 large blood oranges
- 2 baby fennel, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 100g baby Asian salad leaves
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- STEP 1 Bring stock to the boil over medium high heat in a medium frying pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12–15 minutes until just cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside to cool.
- STEP 2 Meanwhile, peel and remove all white pith from 4 blood oranges. Thinly slice into rounds. Arrange blood oranges on serving plates or a platter. Combine fennel, red onion and salad leaves in a bowl.
- STEP 3 To make dressing, juice remaining blood orange to yield 1⁄4 cup juice. Place juice, oil, vinegar and salt and pepper in a screw top jar. Shake to combine.
- STEP 4 Shred chicken and add to fennel mixture. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine. Arrange salad on blood oranges and serve.