Balsamic chicken with spinach and cherry tomatoes
- 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Step 1: Place chicken in a large, shallow, glass or ceramic dish. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk vinegar, sugar and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Turn chicken to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Step 2: Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Step 3: Add cherry tomatoes to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften. Return chicken to pan. Add spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is just wilted. Top with basil leaves. Serve.