Avocado salad with Asian dressing
- 2 avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, deseeded, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 tablespoon mirin (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Japanese rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-light olive oil
- Step 1 :Make Asian dressing; Place mirin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and oil in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside for 10 minutes for flavours to develop.
- Step 2 :Place avocado, mint, coriander and cucumber in a bowl. Pour over dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve with barbecued fish, chicken or pork.