- Prep 25 mins + cooling time
- Cook 7 mins + standing time
- Serves 4
- 600g small free-range chicken breast fillets
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 2 bunches thick asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cups watercress sprigs (about 1 bunch), washed, dried and chilled
- 3 blood oranges, peeled, pith removed and sliced
- 100g Greek-style feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pepitas, toasted
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- STEP 1 Place chicken and sliced lemon into a medium saucepan. Cover with cold salted water and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave chicken in the pan for 10 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and refrigerate until cold.
- STEP 2 Plunge asparagus into a frying pan of simmering water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- STEP 3 Slice asparagus diagonally into bite-sized pieces. Shred the chicken. Arrange watercress, asparagus, blood oranges and chicken onto serving plates. Sprinkle with feta and pepitas. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and serve.