- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 12 mins
- Serves 4
- 175g green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 small Chinese cabbage*, trimmed and shredded
- 1 orange carrot, shredded
- 1 purple carrot, shredded
- 3 green onions (shallots), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1-2 (to taste) small red bird’s eye chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 chicken thigh fillets (skin on)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges and steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- *You’ll need about 3 cups shredded cabbage.
LIME & PEANUT DRESSING:
- 1 tbs peanut or rice bran oil
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- STEP 1 - Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add beans and cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain, refresh in cold water and place into a large bowl. Add cabbage, carrots, green onions, chillies and coriander. Gently toss and set aside.
- STEP 2 - To make lime & peanut dressing, combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
- STEP 3 - Preheat a greased barbecue or char-grill pan over medium heat. Spray chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Barbecue or char-grill chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden and just cooked through.
- STEP 4 - Just before serving, shake dressing and drizzle over the salad. Add peanuts and gently toss to combine. Serve with chicken, lime wedges and steamed jasmine rice.