Apple and rhubarb crumble
- 1 bunch (425g) rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup Healtheries Berry & Apple Bircher Muesli
- 100g butter, chilled, cubed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Step 1:Preheat oven to 180°C. Put rhubarb, apple, sugar, orange rind and juice into a rectangular ovenproof dish (26cm x 16cm). Stir until well-combined.
- Step 2:Combine flour and muesli in a large bowl. Add butter. Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour and muesli mixture. Stir in sugar and hazelnuts. Sprinkle over rhubarb and apple mixture.
- Step 3:Bake for 45 minutes or until crumble is golden brown. Serve immediately.