Apple and mint sauce
- 6 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 160ml (2/3 cup) sweet white wine
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 3 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Step 1:Combine the apples, wine and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Step 2:Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until apple softens. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 3:Place apple mixture in the bowl of a food processor and process until pureed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Add the mint and stir until well combined. Serve warm or cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until required.