Best steak salad (gluten-free)
- 650g chat potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra for potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g thick sirloin steak
- 300g thin green beans, trimmed, blanched, refreshed in cold water
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free horseradish cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 190°C. Toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper on a baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon oil in a dish with half the garlic. Season, then add steak and coat in the mixture. Set aside.
- Step 3 - Place the green beans, red onion and halved cherry tomatoes in a bowl.
- Step 4 - Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, horseradish, and remaining oil and garlic. Set aside.
- Step 5 - Heat a chargrill over high heat. When hot, cook steak for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly and toss with salad ingredients and roast potatoes. Drizzle with the dressing, then sprinkle with parsley.