Zucchini, haloumi and preserved lemon fritters
- 2 large zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 red onion, coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoons preserved lemon, finely chopped (see Notes)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 150g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- Small fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2 - Using hands, squeeze grated zucchini and onion to remove excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl. Add preserved lemon, oregano, haloumi, flour and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Step 3 - Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture to make 16 balls. Place on prepared tray. Using a fork, flatten slightly. Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through, or until golden and firm. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 - Top each fritter with a teaspoon of yoghurt. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve.