Polenta pancake with chilli beef
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 small avocado, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 cups (500g) leftover chilli beef, warmed (from chilli beef, see related recipe)
- Sour cream, to serve
- 500ml (2 cups) reduced-fat milk
- 120g (2/3 cup) instant polenta
- 310g can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 2 eggs
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated vintage cheddar
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 15g butter
- Step 1 - For pancake, preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Place 375ml (1 1⁄2 cups) milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a simmer. Gradually add polenta in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly until combined. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Combine corn, eggs, cheese, shallot, baking powder and remaining milk in a jug. Stir into polenta. Season.
- Step 2 - Heat butter in a 26cm (base measurement) non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add polenta mixture and spread to cover the surface. Cook for 3 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a plate.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, heat oil in a separate frying pan over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan and cook for 3-4 minutes for soft yolks or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 4 - Combine avocado, tomato and coriander in a bowl. Season. Top pancake with chilli beef and eggs. Sprinkle with avocado mixture and top with sour cream.