Plum and spiced chicken salad
- 400g Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 120g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 4 firm ripe plums, stoned, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup (20g) natural flaked almonds, toasted
- Step 1 - Combine the chicken, ground fennel, cumin, paprika, turmeric and 1 tbs of the oil in a large bowl. Season well.
- Step 2 - Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Cook the chicken on grill for 4-5 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thickly slice.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, honey, mustard and remaining oil in a screw-top jar. Season. Combine sliced fennel, rocket and plum in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine. Divide the salad among serving plates. Top with the chicken and sprinkle with almonds.