Orange & star anise pork
- 2kg-piece pork forequarter
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh orange juice
- 170g (1/2 cup) orange marmalade
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sweet sherry
- 4 whole star anise
- Steamed vegetables, to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 160°C. Place pork in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Combine orange juice, marmalade, sherry and star anise in a jug. Pour over pork and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Step 2 - Roast, covered, in oven for 2 1/2 hours or until tender. Roast, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Step 3 - Serve the pork, drizzled with any pan juices, with the steamed vegetables.