'Not so fried' ice-cream
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) dark brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 200g Anzac biscuits, broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
- 8 scoops vanilla ice-cream
- Step 1 - Place the sugar and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the sauce thickens slightly. Keep warm.
- Step 2 - Meanwhile, line a tray with baking paper. Process the biscuits in a food processor until coarsely crushed. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Add the coconut and stir to combine.
- Step 3 - Place 1 scoop of ice-cream in the biscuit mixture and roll to coat. Place on lined tray and freeze while coating remaining balls. Repeat with the remaining ice-cream and biscuit mixture.
- Step 4 - Divide the ice-cream balls among serving bowls and pour over the hot caramel sauce.