- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon or lime juice
- 2 cobs corn, husks and silks removed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil or rice bran oil
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 400g white fish fillets, cut into strips
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed through
- 1 tbs light sour cream
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Thinly sliced fresh jalapeno chilli, to serve (optional)
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- Hot chilli sauce, to serve
- Step 1 - Mix the cabbage, extra virgin olive oil and 1 tbs of the lemon or lime juice in a bowl until well combined.
- Step 2 - Cook the corn in a steamer set over a saucepan of simmering water for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Step 3 - Preheat a barbecue plate or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brush the corn with 1 tsp of the olive oil. Add the corn and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until charred. Remove the kernels from the cob.
- Step 4 - Combine the avocado, shallot, coriander and remaining lemon or lime juice in a bowl.
- Step 5 - Combine the flour, ground coriander and cayenne pepper in a large shallow bowl. Turn the fish in the flour mixture to coat. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 6 - Divide the tortillas among plates. Top with the cabbage mixture, corn, fish, avocado, sour cream, coriander and chilli, if desired. Serve with the lime cheeks and chilli sauce.