Fennel and lemon pork
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (700g) pork loin chops
- 500g chat potatoes, quartered
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 6 medium roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Combine fennel, lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic and half the oil in a shallow ceramic dish. Add pork. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Step 2 - Place potato, onion, tomato, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of remaining oil in a roasting dish. Roast for 50 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3 - Heat remaining oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve with vegetables.