Healthy fish pie
- 700g sweet potato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 leeks, well washed, thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups Massel Liquid Stock Vegetable Style
- 400g white fish fillets, skinless, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped dill, plus extra sprigs to serve
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan-forced.
- Step 2 - Microwave or seam sweet potato over a saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes or until very tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl with 1 tablespoon oil and milk. Mash until smooth and season. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3 - Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook leek and fennel, stirring, for 3 minutes or until starting to soften. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle over flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in Massel Liquid Stock Vegetable Style. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in fish and chopped dill. Season.
- Step 4 - Transfer to a 2L (8 cup) ovenproof baking dish. Cover with mash and ruff up with a fork or spoon. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve sprinkled with extra dill.