Zucchini, carrot and cheddar fritters
- 2 large zucchini, grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup finely grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- Tomato relish and salad, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine zucchini, carrot, onion, cheddar and flour in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add milk and egg. Mix well.
- Step 2 - Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into pan. Spread out to form a flat round. Repeat to make 3 more fritters. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, each side, or until well browned. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover loosely to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, adding extra oil if needed.
- Step 3 - Serve fritters with tomato relish and salad.