- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 500g beef mince
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed, grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 egg yolk
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 60g butter, softened
- 80g salad greens
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- oven fries, to serve
- Step 1 - Combine onion, mince, zucchini, soy sauce, ginger and egg yolk in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using 1/2 cup mixture per patty, shape mixture into six 1cm-thick patties.
- Step 2 - Preheat greased barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Spray patties with oil and barbecue for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Step 3 - Place bun bases on plates. Spread with butter. Top each with salad greens, 1 zucchini patty, tomato and bun top. Serve burgers with oven fries.