- 125g butter, softened
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 200g good-quality dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 150g (1 1/2 cups) walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Step 2 - Use an electric beater to beat butter and sugar in a medium bowl until well combined. Add the egg and beat until combined. Sift the flour over the butter mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add the chocolate and walnuts, and stir to combine.
- Step 3 - Use your hands to roll tablespoonsful of the cookie mixture into balls. Place the balls, 3cm apart, on prepared trays. Use a fork to flatten slightly. Bake in preheated oven, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 20 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool on the trays for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.